Throw up, Chipped Nails, and Laundry, Oh My!


Last night, I decided that I was going to paint my nails.  As a violinist, I will never have the nails of a hand model.  But, I figured I could at least have them shiny and polished for a change.  After taking my daughter to ballet and fixing dinner for the kids, I sat down to pamper myself.  During my manicure, my son calls out, “Mom, I don’t feel so good.”  Fast forward ten minutes...I now have my son in the recliner, sipping on Gatorade.  My hair is in a bun and a mop is in in my hand.  There is no time for the paint to dry on my nails.

As I think about the whirlwind of activity that took place last night, looking at the chipped paint on my fingers, there is a certain amount of peace that accompanies me. I would much rather have chipped nails and a comforted son. 

This morning I am reminded of Isaiah 52:7 which says:

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”  

Last night, I was a hot mess.  But I hope, my son Daniel saw that he was more important than some silly paint on nails. 


My prayer is that when my life is over, my feet are worn because I have brought Good News to many people.

How worn are your feet?  And how willing are you to chip your nails to bring peace and comfort to others?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember When...

My Bible Study with Mormons

The Impact of Love