Living Unveiled

I remember my wedding day like it was yesterday.  Even though it has been almost eleven years now, I will never forget the look on my husband’s face the first time he saw me walk down the aisle.  I decided that I would not wear a blusher with my veil.  I did this, not because I wanted my outward beauty to radiate on my wedding day, but rather, because I wanted my soon to be husband to see my genuine reaction when I saw him for the first time.

Authenticity is a core trait God is refining in me as a believer.  Second Corinthians 3:17-18 states, “17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.”  As believers, we are given the precious gift of access to God and freedom in Christ.  If we are leased from the judgement of God and can go to Him without fear or rejection, our response should be complete abandon.  As a member of the Bride of Christ, I therefore need no blusher. 

In a commitment to become transformed by the Spirit, I am committing to living a life unveiled.  Unveiled to the power of daily confession and repentance.  Unveiled to the potential to serve others with compassion and love.  Unveiled to the possibility to see God work the miraculous in me, my family, my community, and perhaps the world.
I hope you will follow me on this journey.  Who knows where the Lord will lead, but my prayer is that I will be transformed a little more into His image by the journey’s end.

~CW


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember When...

My Bible Study with Mormons

The Impact of Love