Who Are You Missing?

I will admit it.  I am obsessed with the latest podcast trend, "Missing Richard Simmons."  How could I not be?  I spent many hours rocking out to Sweatin' To The Oldies Part 2 when I was sixteen.  Here is what I find fascinating about the podcast though.  Simmons has not been seen in public since February 2014.  Yet, this is suddenly a major news story three years later???  I find the fact that society can all of a sudden become obsessed with someone who has been missing for three entire years more fascinating than the actual search for the individual.

This podcast made me think of people who I had allowed to slip away into the abyss of nonchalance in my own life.  People for whom I cared, but because of busyness or circumstances, they simply faded from my life.  As I began to catalogue these friends, I not only felt a feeling of loss, but also a sense of responsibility to cultivate the relationships I currently have.

Hebrews 10:24-25 says,  "and let us take thought of how to spur one another on to love and good works, 25 not abandoning our own meetings, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging each other, and even more so because you see the day drawing near."  Fellowship and friendship is something that must be cultivated and nurtured.  It takes effort.  This is a lesson I am continuing to learn.  Yet, we need good friends in order to make it in a tough world.  Raising two young children, I see this more daily. 

So, my question today is, who are you missing?  More importantly, how are you going to find them?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember When...

My Bible Study with Mormons

The Impact of Love