Impatience Will Kill Fish

The other day, I noticed that our fish tank needed water added to it.  As I was filling up a container, my husband reminded me not to mix the new water with the old because of the temperature difference.  So, I let the water sit for a while, added the dechlorinator, and poured the water in the tank.  I then noticed that the tank still was not full.  My impatience however took control.  I felt of the water and estimated the same temperature with the new water. I then added this new mixture to the tank.  The following day, we had a dead fish.  Within a week, we lost two more fish.  Now, I don't KNOW that it was my impatience with the water that killed half the fish, but I have a good suspicion. 

Proverbs 19:2 says, Desire without knowledge is not good—
    how much more will hasty feet miss the way! 

This small verse carries much wisdom!  It basically says when we want to do something without the knowledge base behind it, we cannot plan to prosper.  Even less likely, are we to prosper when we rush into decisions.  Unfortunately for my poor goldfish, I ignored the knowledge of my husband and rushed the process of adding the water to the tank.  However, this was a good reminder and a warning for me to not allow me to do this in other areas of my life as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember When...

My Bible Study with Mormons

The Impact of Love