Choosing the Most Important Thing

Yesterday, I learned a lesson about choosing the most important thing.  My daughter's grade had their annual showcase at their school.  She was very excited to share all she has accomplished so far this school year with me.  Typically, I teach music lessons on Thursday nights.  In the past, I would not have wanted to rearrange my schedule out of fear of seeming unprofessional or disappointing my clients.  However, as continued to think and pray about the upcoming event, God started to reveal to me that asking my students to reschedule might be an inconvenience.  However, to not show up for my little girl would send a message that would resound within her heart much longer. I quickly began to phone my clients and explained the situation.  Everyone was gracious and my daughter was overjoyed that I made time to come to her performance. 

Throughout the night my daughter beamed as she danced through the hallways, sharing the inner workings of her school with me.  When it was time for her class to perform, I delighted in filming her singing and dancing.  I lived the night with no regret.

In light of this example with my daughter, several principles come to light:

1. Sometimes the best decisions are not always the easiest.
2. The people you work for are not going to be the people who are going to be with you forever, so make sure you treat your forever people better than the people you work with.
3. Don't allow fear to keep you from doing the right thing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember When...

My Bible Study with Mormons

The Impact of Love